[C320-list] Frustrated with the Dutchman system

Jeffrey Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Mon Feb 19 19:21:53 PST 2007

Go see it on their website.  They have 2 styles.  The single line version is
a single pvc-coated cable with the blocks fixed in place.

I think anyone having difficulty with the dutchman really needs to sail with
someone who has really got it figured out and can demonstrate it properly.
The boat show demo booth doesn't count.  I don't mean to insult anyone here,
but most of the time, it's the pilot, not the plane. :) I was ready to toss
it my first year, but then took some time to really figure out how to use
it, and it's so easy to drop the main and have it flaked, I don't give it a
second thought.

It won't make any difference which style you use, they are identical in
performance.  I've used both.

-Jeff