[C320-list] ? Add packing in the water?

K L sfca33 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 22 08:27:31 PST 2007

Phil:

Before I switched to the dripless seal I changed the packing material with
my boat in the water. Of course water will come in but it isn't all that
much and the bilge pump will take care of it. However, I wouldn't "add"
packing material. I would replace it.

Ken Danko
#802, Grace
San Francisco

>From: sholdr at aol.com
>To: c320-list at catalina320.com
>Subject: [C320-list] ? Add packing in the water?
>Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:56:18 -0500
>
>Have Hull #322 with original shaft packing which is near the end of it's
>adjustment but leaking a little more than recommended.  Bought the boat and
>brought it to a lake with no lift large enough to handle this size boat --
>can I back off the nut, add packing and re-seat the nut, or is this asking
>for trouble?
>
>When I have to have the bottom re-done (Just completed last year by prior
>owner) will switch to the dripless type.
>
>Thanks
>
>Phil Hansen
>Check out the new AOL.  Most comprehensive set of free safety and security
>tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web,
>free AOL Mail and more.

Find what you need at prices you’ll love. Compare products and save at MSN®
Shopping.
http://shopping.msn.com/default/shp/?ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24102&tcode=T001MSN20A0701