[C320-list] Jib Furler Sticking

Jeffrey Hare catalina at thehares.com
Tue Jan 9 05:40:37 PST 2007

Few things I can think of:

1) Sail hoisted too high
2) Sail too much tension on the halyard
3) The set screw holding the foil loosened and the tube has dropped or
lifted
4) Broken strand in the forestay?
5) Using the wrong halyard to hoist the sail or it's not rigged through the
eye installed a foot or so down from the top of the mast.

I would ease the halyard first and see if that frees it up.  Next I'd drop
the sail so that you can get a better feeling of where the problem is.
You'll also be able to see if there is a problem with the bearings at the
car that attaches to the head of the sail.

With the sail off, it's a good time to hoist the drum up and
check/clean/sailkote the bearings.  Let us know what you find.

-Jeff