[C320-list] head thru hull

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Tue Jan 9 15:17:36 PST 2007

Hi Darrell

I had a similar problem with the macerater discharge valve. Problem was I
waited too long to replace it as it got harder and harder to open & close.
While at sea, 2 hours from the closest port, the handle broke off in my
hand, which caused the valve stem to crack and allow water in. We shipped
about 60 gallons of water before I had the valve wrapped in enough dish
towels and duct tape to stem the flow enough for the bilge pump to keep up.
We got dockside safely and did a temporary repair and order a new Marelon
valve. I changed it at my next haul out.

The size is stated in the manual in plumping diagram, I don't recall if its
1.25 or 1.5", but Forespar Marine products carries the exact replacement. I
removed the 4 ss screws that hold the valve on and screwed on the new valve.
It was simple enough and now I pay much more attention to the way all the
Marelon valves are working. I order some spares to cover all the different
types we have on board, some 90 angle, straight through etc.

Kirk McCullough

Boomernang #124