[C320-list] Another head question

Richard A. Walker dickwalker at att.net
Mon Jan 15 09:19:22 PST 2007

WE have a head vent on WindWalker.

Cheers,

Dick Walker
C-320 (687) WindWalker II
740 Olive Ave.
Coronado, CA 92118-2136
619.435.8986

-----Original Message-----
From: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com
[mailto:c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com] On Behalf Of T. Scott Thompson
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 8:49 AM
To: Darrell; C320-List
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Another head question

According to Nigel Calder's book you should have an anti-siphon loop on
the output side of the head if you are connecting to an overboard
discharge.  He suggests one that vents vertically through a hose.  The
reason there is no such provision on most 320's is that most 320's do
not have a Y valve for direct overboard discharge, I suspect.  Were
these ever installed by the factory?  My boat has none.

Scott Thompson
Surprise, 653