[C320-list] Another head question

Gary Malcolmson gary at dupreeinc.com
Mon Jan 15 10:30:39 PST 2007

Here's something to consider.  When I purchased our C310 new in
Nov-2002, there was no direct head discharge out of the boat as it came
from the factory  The dealer was going to install the plumbing
(including a separate thru-hull) to allow direct discharge from the head
if so desired.  Personally, for the way we use the boat I opted to not
install that (thus as it came from the factory so that the head can only
discharge into the holding tank--and the holding tank can be pumped out
via deck fitting, or can be pumped overboard via macerator pump).  I
don't know if the dealer was going to install a vented loop; but if the
head were connected to an open thru-hull then, by all means, there
should be a vented loop unless you like to gamble (personally I
wouldn't-I don't have that kind of luck!).

I say all of this because it may be standard practice for Catalina
Yachts to leave this up to each individual dealer and their negotiations
with the first buyer.  Hence, you may find everyone's setup is not
consistently the same.  I'd bet there are a lot of variations in this
area of each individual boat.

Happy Sailing,
Gary Malcolmson
C310 #230 "Rhythm"