[C320-list] Anti Blister protection

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Sun Jan 21 11:44:46 PST 2007

I talked with Gerry Douglas about this last evening at the Philly Boat Show.
According to Gerry, the 320's are laid up with a 3/16" outer layer of
vinylester.  Vinylester is 100% impervious to water penetration; he was most
adamant about this.  There is no water osmosis through vinylester.  Under
the vinylester is the old polyester that, if water was to get to it, would
react with the resin, form acid and blister.  He was unsure of the year that
the 320 went rubrail-to-rubrail with vinylester but that seems to be
addressed below.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD