[C320-list] Anti Blister protection

Karl Krueger smoothsail282 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 20 10:59:54 PST 2007

Hull number 282 (95), no blister problem BUT, in water only 5 months during the year.  Home waters of Lake Michigan.  Barrier coat of tar applied by original owner at time is purchase.

  On my last boat (1987, 25' Catalina) I applied 4 coats on Interlux barrier coat.  I friend of mine brought that boat and hasn't had an issue with blisters.  I was told by an Interlux representative that the barrier coat will last approximately 20 years.  I sure it all depends upon many conditions including type of water, water temperature, amount of time on water and so on.

  Karl Krueger (Kindred Spirit, Milwaukee WI area)

R Airis <rairis at comcast.net> wrote:
  We have hull #266 (95) and have no blister problem at all. We keep it on
Lake Washington (fresh water) and lock thru to Puget Sound.

Bob & Sheila
Hale Kai 2............#266