[C320-list] spinnaker question

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Mon Jan 29 10:42:08 PST 2007

Jim

The C" shaped thing could be the ATN tacker or similar device. It's slides
up and down your furled jib. It should have a tack line to attach to a bow
cleat and point to attach it to the tack of the sail. Set the tack length
you need depending on point of sail.

I have the North Sails sail sock (sail cover) , which has a plastic "mouth"
and a continuous line going up through a block and back at the sail head, to
allow the sock to be raised and lowered. I suspect the 3 legged  X you
describe, may be used to raise and lower your sock.

I often rig my asymmetrical with only one sheet, if I expect to be on the
same tack for much of the day. Otherwise I will use 2 sheets, making sure
the unused sheet is lead around the outside of the jib. When I jibe, the
active sheet is eased so that the sail luffs out front of the forestay then
sheeted in on the new sheet. The sail actually is now "inside out" on the
new tack.

Hope this helps a little.

Kirk McCullough
Boomerang #124