[C320-list] Wisdom (and experience) requested...

Len aqua5len at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 10:06:47 PDT 2007

Tim, recently added radar to my boat---my understanding is the installer ran
the 25-meter heavy duty cable, with right-angle connector from Raymarine C80
down inside pedestal to below deck and forward to bottom of mast in cabin,
then fished it up inside mast from hole drilled into mast above deck light
(light was removed, wires used to pull messenger for radar cable, light
reassembled) to connect with radar dome.  Installer charged $640. to
assemble and install complete radar system.  Radar RD218 2kw dome $886.,
Seaview SM-18-R mast platform for Raymarine radomes $183.50, Raymarine
E55066 25M heavy radome cable w/rt. angle connector $307.---all from
boatfix.com (best prices I found).

I was told that height of above installation gives better radar performance
than lower stern pole mount.

Len Krane
AQUA5   #1070