[C320-list] Cabin floor

David J Gleason djgleason1 at juno.com
Sun Jul 22 08:03:20 PDT 2007

Jim:

I had a problem with the cabin sole under the table.  The center strip
that comes up to the mast support post was delaminating.  I took it home
and cleaned out the dirt between the layers as best I could.  I then
spread Gorilla Glue, which is waterproof, between the layers.  I used
clamps to hold it together until it set up.  It appears to be working.
Several years ago I had put a coat of polyurethane varnish on the bottom
and edges of all the cabin sole pieces.  Being wood, I believe it will
absorb moisture from the air.  And being in a confined space, there is no
air circulation to dry it out.

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150