[C320-list] Wiring and power on old 320

Nicholas Ward Nicholas_Ward at brown.edu
Mon Jul 23 11:05:32 PDT 2007

Steve,
We consitantly have had a problem where it grinds but weakly -have
checked all connections, rebuilt starter, replaced main panel switch and
ingnition switch and it still happens. Now, we have a new problem.  Turn
the key and (sometimes) nothing happens.  Someone said it might be the
solenoid but our appears new and functional.  3 independent mechanics
have said our wiring is "grossly insufficient".
PS - hot off the press.  The only conection we had not cleaned was the
grounding wire to the engine.  In the 1 or 2 times we've tried to start
the engine since. It seems to be better but who knows.

PPS - we do not have a windless for our anchor
Nick

Message: 2