[C320-list] Wiring and power on old 320

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Mon Jul 23 16:27:17 PDT 2007

I have a 1994 boat and installed a dedicated starting battery a couple of
years ago. Its under the starboard settee and the cabling runs under the
cabin sole to the panel and to the starting motor on the engine. Its not
that long actually. I think the cables are supposed to be zero gauge, except
for the shore charger cables which i believe are 2 gauge.

It may be your stater motor or solenoid. I had to have mine rebuilt after
2100 hours on the engine, that makes a big difference in how much juice you
need to start it.

Are you using the glow plugs. The Perkins doesn't start to well without
using at 10 or 15 seconds of glow plug. At least my Perkins needs that much.

Kirk
Boomernang #124