[C320-list] motor mounts

Vpweikel at aol.com Vpweikel at aol.com
Thu Jul 26 07:23:28 PDT 2007

Pat,

My mechanic check the motor mounts on Second  Chance #361.

Basically he checked for tightness and lost compression of the  rubber.  One
should be concerned if :

1. There is a noticeable difference in the compression, especially when
comparing left to right , more so than comparing front to back.  There  are four
mounts in total.

2. If there is no compression left which one can tell by looking at the
mount and observing whether or not the upper metal part of the engine side  of the
mount is near to coming into contact with the lower mounting part of the
boat, then it is time to replace the motor mounts.  Mounts should be  replaced in
pairs (side-to-side, not front to back).

I am not sure this is the problem since you had no vibration before
replacing the prop.

My 2 cents.

Paul Weikel
Second Chance