[C320-list] Reefing Block inside boom

David J Gleason djgleason1 at juno.com
Mon Jun 25 13:08:44 PDT 2007

Bill:

One way to check to see if the other reef has the block inside the boom
is to see if there is a knot protruding at the aft end of the boom.  As I
recall, the line was knotted at the end of the boom, then extended to the
block and then up to the reefing cringle and back down to the boom it
self.  Another way would be with the sail flaked on the boom, pull on the
reef line at one end of the boom and see if you get the same amount of
travel in the line at the other end.

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150