[C320-list] Installing Hatch Tape

myron-welch at uiowa.edu myron-welch at uiowa.edu
Thu Jun 28 13:48:28 PDT 2007

Bert,

If you have to remove those screws, try using the allen wrench that
came with your Navpod.  I believe they are also available at many
hardware stores.  Good luck.

Myron Welch
Wind Instrument #238
Iowa City, Iowa

I have some silicone hatch tape to replace the original tape upon which the
hatch slides.  It appears that the tape goes up under the hatch for quite a
way (up under the traveler) , which means that part of the cabin top
would have
  to be removed.  The only problem I see is that the first screws (one on
each side of the hatch, aft end) holding the top, although a standard
hex head,
have some type of pin sticking up in the center which will  not permit the
standard hex wrench to go down inside the nut so it can be turned.  Any
suggestions as to what will remove these two screws would be  appreciated.

Thanks,

Bert
At Ease