[C320-list] Saloon Table Base

DickPollitt dick.pollitt at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 28 19:52:55 PDT 2007

When cleaning the cabin floor recently, I noticed some grey paint flakes from the base of the saloon table. Further investigation showed some apparent corrosion in the base. It looks as though I will have to remove the table and scrape off the remaining paint, remove the corrosion and repaint.

I'm not sure what the base is made of, (It looks like an aluminium casting), or why it would corrode. I would be grateful if anyone could throw any light on the cause of the problem, and /or suggested repair procedures.

Thanks,
Dick Pollitt
Jacabranda #364