[C320-list] Excessive Rudder Spacing

Uckert, Kevin Kevin.Uckert at unisys.com
Thu Mar 8 12:19:44 PST 2007

Dave, Lew and Bruce, et al,

Thanks for responding. It´s not easy trying to explain this without a diagram.

I´ve got hull #957 built in 2003.

Based on your responses,
    - You reference a rudder stuffing box. Where or how do I gain access to check for leakage?
    - It´s okay that there is a gap between the top of rudder and boat bottom. Other fairly new 320´s in my
        marina on the hard have absolutely no gap at all. In fact, it appears that the plastic spacers provide
        less friction to enable the rudder to move back and forth.

I saw somewhere a diagram of the rudder, post etc. Although not very clear. Is there another diagram
someone can point me too?

I do appreciate your responses guys. Thanks

Kevin