[C320-list] Boat Yard Blues - Engine Hours

Joe Barrett joe at dolphinmortgage.com
Wed Mar 14 10:01:21 PDT 2007

Ralph, the DIY part is good advice. I'm not that handy but I know a semi
retired Mechanic with a bit of a drinking problem that I always use when
working on Mechanical things on my boat. I never leave the job to him but
use him as a helper. He's there to keep me from screwing up and vice versa.
I then slip him a few bucks for that nights supplies and the work gets done
right and I learn to do it myself.
Last week my throttle handle bolt snapped and he drilled the bolt out and
retapped a new thread. Job was done in under an hour. He also helps change
the oil and fuel filters, last week he changed out the coolant and put in
the extended life orange stuff. Much better than using the local Yanmar guy
who charges an arm & Two Legs!
Joe Barrett