[C320-list] Boat Yard Blues - Engine Hours

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Wed Mar 14 18:32:20 PDT 2007

I echo Ralph's comments on being there for haul out and drop in.

I also echo Jeff Chruch's comments on Northern Marine (now Waukegan Boat
Services) which I have used for 13 years, the last 5 seasons for my 2002
320.  I have had no problems with them.

My rule on launching and hauling is to always be present for the events.  At
WBS you schedule a date and time for hauling and launch.  When hauling I
hang around until the boat is cradled and in its storage location. I am
there when they start moving the boat from storage and hang around until
launch and then motor off to my slip.  The guys at the crane are pretty
good and I always give them lunch money for the good service they provide.

It seems strange that a boat could be left idling in the water for almost 2
days at Larsen's.  Was it dropped off at an isolated slip in their facility
where it was serviced and forgotten?

Maybe they serviced it on a Saturday, left it running after service, were
closed on Sunday and turned the thing off on Monday morning when they all
sobered up.

Bob Sloat
Savannah Hull 894