[C320-list] boat graphics pricing

Amirault Family amiraults at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 15 13:42:43 PDT 2007

When I last did a boat graphic it was for my current Tanzer 8.5 (the
2001 Catalina hasn't been delivered from Michigan yet). Practical Sailor
had done an article on the topic and as a test on the online option
ordered a graphic from www.boat-lettering.com in Canada. PS found it to
be an excellent option. The site has lettering options, colour choices,
application directions, and a list of samples.

The price was $67.47 CDN for a graphic with lettering, an outline in a
second colour, and a shadow; and included directions and an application
tool. I did the application myself with the aid of a second pair of
hands and it went on with no problems. The process was such a success
that the next year I removed the fading painted registration numbers on
the bow and applied replacement graphics for those. When I placed the
original order I had my own concept of what I wanted, and was advised by
the company that the result would not look good while suggesting an
alternative. When I insisted, they ran up a soft copy of my request and
e-mailed it to me for approval before cutting the actual graphic. They
were right and I approved their version instead.

How did it look? See the attachment if the forum allows them. I have
used them twice and would order from them again.

Brian Amirault
2001 #797 Waltzing Bear Too