[C320-list] Adding Electronics to Pedestal

Dave Anderer danderer at udel.edu
Sat Mar 17 06:20:12 PDT 2007

On Mar 17, 2007, at 9:57 AM, Allan Field wrote:

> Quentin - This is a big project, very probably more than a day!  I
> added a
> Raymarine C80 and RAM mic several a few years ago and this is what
> I found,
> going from an aging memory.

I added a chart plotter and RAM mic last year and followed the same
process - lifted the pedestal, drilled down on the starboard side,
etc.  I was luckier than Allan I guess in that I don't recall much
trouble getting the wires up the starboard tube.

The mistake I made was not sealing the joint between the tube and the
deck adequately.  I had to lift the tube again a few months later and
do a better job.