[C320-list] Adding Electronics to Pedestal

Jeffrey Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Sun Mar 18 09:09:54 PDT 2007

Hi Dave,

Radar wasn't in my budget at the time either when I added my C70.  But since
I swore I'd never want to run new wires up the posts again, I bought the
radar cable, and wired it at the same time.  The bulk of the cable currently
sits coiled up out of the way, in the aft locker waiting for a radar dome
someday to connect to.  I can decide to use any of the aft mounted radar
installations, or use an extension and do a mast mount at some future date,
but as far as the C70 goes, it's all hooked up on that end.

It was only a small incremental amount of time to run this extra cable since
all the hard work of tube/pedestal disassembly was already being done for
the C70 install.

-JeffH