[C320-list] 2007 regatta update

Bruce Stumpp bstumpp at comcast.net
Wed Mar 21 16:36:32 PDT 2007

Mike,

Good work by you and the officers.  I can't recall a monthly conference call
being held by the officers, that shows dedication.

Coming up with the Regatta location is not an easy task and voting is a
great idea.  Both options are attractive.  Mystic is a great location and
August is a more attractive time of year for working people who are
scheduling summer vacations.  Florida is also a great location and
understandably the hot summer requires November for the date.  Piggybacking
on the Catalina Rendezvous or the Boat Show is a great idea since it is
difficult finding someone to run the whole event these days.  We piggybacked
on the Catalina Rendezvous in Newport for the 2006 Regatta and I believe it
went well.

Based on comments in the emails, perhaps two additional selections could be
added to the voting - "Not able to attend" and "I like both selections" to
give you an idea of voting participation.

Someone suggested VA/MD in 2008 but I personally like the idea of swapping
coasts each year and would like to see a non-East Coast location such as
Chicago, California or the Gulf Coast next year.  But that's a topic for
next year,

Keep up the good work!  We'll be there no matter where the Regatta is held!

Bruce Stumpp
Adventure, #647
Frog Mortar Creek, MD

Message: 1