[C320-list] Fresh Fuel

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Wed Mar 21 19:31:42 PDT 2007

Doug-I am in the same slip with you at Waukegan and faced the same situation
a few years ago.  I just got out more and took a few motoring trips just to
work off fuel.  Get the fuel load down to 1/4 and then load up with fresh
fuel.  When you get around 1/2 full start manually checking on the fuel
level in the tank by tapping with a plastic or metal object to find the
level as a check on the accuracy of the fuel gauge.  You have to get to the
tank through the port aft locker or the emergency exit in the rear cabin.  I
did this and worked the fuel tank down to around 3 gallons and then loaded
up with around 16 gallons of fresh fuel with additives.