[C320-list] Fresh Fuel

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 23 10:36:00 PDT 2007

Here on the Chesapeake Bay I think our fuel sources are fairly good.  That is, most fuel docks sell enough diesel to keep the product turned over.  Quality doesn't seem to be an issue.  I too, top-off in the fall and add Sta-bil.  However, I add a biocide and cetane booster each time I fuel which is when the tank gets to 1/2 on the gage.

On the conservation note, I also installed the Racor LG-100 Fuel/Air Separator to prevent inadvertant fuel leakage/overflow when fueling. It installs easily in the vent line in the vertical run of hose.  It doesn't mean you don't have to be attentive during fueling; but, it has most certainly stopped the overflow.  See it at: http://tinyurl.com/3b9uey  Buy it online or at WM.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay