[C320-list] HULL painting

brucestanley brucestanley at optusnet.com.au
Fri Mar 23 13:42:33 PDT 2007

HULL:
preparation:
1) start by giving Hull a High Pressure Hose (gurney) Down
2) hand sanding spots of marine growth (particularly under keel and around
prop shaft)
... if possible give hull a light sand down ... mainly to remove old
antifoul
Quantity: 4 liters (1 gallon) with some thinners (No-names brand paint
thinners). The 1st coat (next to the epoxy) is Blue. All other coats are
BLACK.
The Hull gets an ablative paint.
The prop gets a hard antifoul (it never lasts and I often dive under the
boat and clean it by hand)

Frequency:
I do this once every 9 to 12 months
Some times I will haul her out for a cheque and a LIGHT Garden Hose down mid
year)
Use a short nap quality Mohair Roller and cheap brushes
ONE COAT ONLY.

C320 use:
we use her often ... at least 5 days every month ... often we are on for 5
to 10 days.
Our C320 is in salt water all year round.
=========
Bruce Stanley C320 #1084 / Fantastic Lady