[C320-list] FW: Re: Neutral or Reverse

Karl Mielenhausen _/) kmielen at iwon.com
Sun Mar 25 17:14:06 PDT 2007

Good info Bob. I have designed a test that I will run to quantify the effects experienced when using the fixed 3-blade prop with various transmission positions. Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday... we've have had great sailing weather here lately. Record high yesterday.

Interesting, this paper seems to support the original position of stopping prop motion under sail...

http://www.shaftlok.com/FreewheelStoryShaftLok.htm

Of course, the publishers have a commercial interest in our doing so!!

Karl Mielenhausen

2000 C320 Hull#690 "Silver Lining"

New Bern, NC

http://pages.suddenlink.net/kmielen/