[C320-list] Prospective 320 buyer

bruceheyman at cox.net bruceheyman at cox.net
Tue Mar 27 06:32:48 PDT 2007

Chris,
How did they fix the locker problem?  Our 2000 hull has the same issue.
Thanks,
Bruce
Somerset #671 SoCal

From: Chris Burti <cburti at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 05:32:06
To:C320-List <c320-list at catalina320.org>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Prospective 320 buyer

We have a 2001 and the only issues we had were uncured gelcoat in the storage lockers, premature failure of the Seaward instruments and crazing of the main salon hatch. The problem with the gelcoat left a white paint like mess on everything stored in the lockers and it was fixed by Catalina promptly upon bringing it to Frank Butler's attention, kudos there. Seaward replaced the first failed instrument, but I had to buy the rest. I understand Pompanette was replacing the hatch lenses, but that was a cumbersome process and I procrastinated past the warranty period...it is just cosmetic anyway. We upograded the water system pump with one having an electronic pressure sensor and the reduction in noise has been a blessing

Other than those minor issues, we have found it to be a fantastic boat.

Chris Burti
"Commitment"
Catalina 320, #867,
Farmville, NC