[C320-list] Ham radio (or SSB) antenna

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Thu Mar 29 14:58:23 PDT 2007

There are three grounds to consider here; AC, DC, and RF ground.  It
strikes me that if the AC and DC grounds aren't made common (tied
together) from the factory, there may be reasons.  I'd consult Catalina
before arbitrarily tying these grounds together.  If you've seen no ill
effects you could carry on, but I'd call Catalina to be safe.

My understanding is that the mast and associated rigging are usually
grounded to the boats' DC ground, and that marine HF radio installation
grounds (grounding plate and/or copper straps) share that ground as
well.

Bob