[C320-list] 3YM30 Oil Change

marshall lucas teammt at atlanticbb.net
Mon May 14 11:33:59 PDT 2007

Yesterday, I changed the oil. First I ran the engine so it
reacehed operating temp. I pumped the old oil out and put
a new filter on. The Yanmar Manual indicated that 3 qts of
oil were needed. So I cautiously and slowly added 3 qts of
oil, frequently checking the fluid level so I did not over
fill. I ran the engine until it reached operating temp
waited a while and rechedcked. The level is just 1/2 way
between the high and low marks. I called our local Yanmar
dealer and he said the 3YM30 usually takes between 3 and 4
qts of oil. He estimated that I would probably need to add
another 1/2 qt to get it closer to the high mark.

What is your experience with oil capacity.

Marshall & Daine Lucas
& The Merrythought Poodles
SV Merrythought C320 # 1037