[C320-list] 2007 Catalina Rendezvous - Mystic, CT

Vpweikel at aol.com Vpweikel at aol.com
Fri May 25 04:12:14 PDT 2007

For those of you planning on attending and bringing your boat to the C320
annual Regatta being held in Mystic, CT in conjunction with the East Coast
Catalina Rendezvous,  please find below and attached as a word document
information regarding dockage.

Please act quickly as dock space may be in short supply.

Also, please let myself know if you are attending and docking  your boat so
that the C320 organization has a record of your intent.

Thanks,

Paul Weikel
Event Volunteer
Second Chance
Hull #361

Dockage Reservations for  the 2007 Catalina East Coast Rendezvous
Mystic  Seaport Marina, Mystic, Connecticut
Catalina Yachts will once again host its East Coast Rendezvous at the  Mystic
Seaport Marina, in Mystic,  Connecticut.  Rendezvous activities will begin on
 Friday afternoon, August 10, and end before noon on Sunday, August 12.  I
have again been asked by Catalina  Yachts and the Mystic Seaport to coordinate
dockage reservations for our  group.  Before I go further, I want  to mention
four very important things:
1.      Catalina Yachts uses their web site  (_www.catalinayachts.com_
(http://www.catalinayachts.com/) ) for EVENT reservations.  Remember to visit the
Catalina Yachts web site late this spring to make and pay  for your EVENT
reservations.
2.      The DOCKAGE reservations discussed here  only apply to dockage at the
Seaport.  If you plan to stay in a local hotel or stay at another marina,
please  make your own reservations at the facility of your choice.
3.      The Seaport now requires a $100 deposit  to hold each boat’s DOCKAGE
reservation. I will be collecting checks for this  deposit, made out to “The
Mystic Seaport Museum.”
4.      Your EVENT registration will NOT  include admission to the Mystic
Seaport.  However, the Mystic Seaport dockage fee does include admission to the
Seaport for everyone on your boat.  If you are coming from home, staying in a
hotel, or staying in another  marina, you either need to be a Seaport member
to access the grounds or pay  admission fees at the Seaport entrance gate (more
on that  below).
The dockage fee at the Seaport is $2.75/foot/night for people with  Seaport
MARINER grade memberships (or a higher grade membership) and is
$3.75/foot/night for people that are not members of the Seaport or who have  lower grade
memberships such as a Seaport FAMILY membership (see explanation  below).
Connecticut tax will be  added to the Seaport dockage fee. The dockage fee includes
electricity (although  I expect a shortage of outlets for our big group) and
access to laundry  facilities, toilets, and showers.
Please note that the minimum membership grade for the Seaport dockage
discount was increased in 2006. Previously a FAMILY membership qualified a  member
for the $1/foot dockage discount - not so anymore. If you are currently a
member with a FAMILY membership and wish to obtain the $1/foot dockage discount,
you must upgrade your membership to the MARINER level. This upgrade WILL be a
cost-effective action, since the increase in membership renewal cost will be
only $24 and the dockage savings for a two-night stay will range from $60
(for a  C30) to $94 (for a C470).  Seaport  membership costs are:
·        New  membership at the MARINER grade level: $99 ($95 if paid before
4/30/07)
·        Upgrade  cost from any lower grade membership to MARINER: $94
·        MARINER  membership renewal cost: $90
There are a number of reasons to be a member of the Seaport such as plans  to
visit at other times, general support of the Seaport, etc. However, the cost
savings for dockage may not by itself provide the savings to justify a
Seaport  membership. To help in your financial planning and in making a decision for
a  Seaport membership, pre-tax dockage cost for two night and three night
stays are  as follows:

Two-night Stay
Three-night  Stay
Boat Length
Non-member
Member
Difference
Non-member
Member
Difference
30
225.00
165.00
60.00
337.50
247.50
90.00
34
255.00
187.00
68.00
382.50
280.50
102.00
38
285.00
209.00
76.00
427.50
313.50
114.00
42
315.00
231.00
84.00
472.50
346.50
126.00
47
352.50
258.50
94.00
528.75
387.75
141.00
As you can see from the table, a new Mariner membership will not provide  a
cost savings for a two-night stay for a boat smaller than a C470. However for
a three-night stay (or longer), a Mariner membership provides a cost  benefit.
 An upgrade from a Family  membership to a Mariner membership is always cost
effective for dockage  savings.
Seaport admission is included for everyone on a boat docked at the  Seaport
and admission is free for anyone that is a Seaport member. For those  people
that are not Seaport members and are coming by car or staying at another
marina, the daily adult admission rate is $17.50, the senior (65 or older) rate  is
$15.50, and the youth rate is $12.00. However, if you are the guest of a
member, the rates are about $3.00 less per day. Need I say more…like those not
staying dockside at the Seaport might want to befriend a member! For additional
Seaport information, please log on to _www.mysticseaport.org_
(http://www.mysticseaport.org/)   .
Please print the following table and fill out the information and mail a
copy of the completed sheet with a $100 check (made out to The Mystic Seaport
Museum) to me to confirm your Seaport reservation.  Most boats will be tied up
dockside in  the north area of the Seaport or rafted to a boat that is tied to
the dock. If  you require or desire one of the south yard slips, please
indicate that in the  comment row in the table below.  If  you are coming with
another boat and wish to raft with that boat at the Seaport,  please include that
in the comment row.
Boats Owners (Husband/Wife, etc.)
Email Address
Boat Name
Boat Class
Sail Number
Boat Length, feet
Boat Beam, feet
Boat Draft, feet
Number of adults on boat
Number of children on boat
Are you or will you be a “Seaport  Mariner?”
Have you enclosed a $100 dock  deposit?
Dockage for night of 8/8 (Wednesday  night)(X=yes)
Dockage for night of 8/9 (Thursday night)  (X=yes)
Dockage for night of 8/10 AND 8/11  (X=yes)
Dockage for night of 8/12 (Sunday night)  (X=yes)
Dockage for night of 8/13 (Monday night)  (X=yes)
Special Requirements or Comments
Please mail the completed form to Bob Flemming,  39 Newton Lane,  Trumbull,
CT. You may  also email your information to me (rjflemming at aol.com), and follow
that up with  a mailed check for the $100 deposit. If you have any questions,
please call me  at 203-257-1358.
Bob Flemming
Rendezvous Dockage Coordinator