[C320-list] Raw water pump

Bruce Stumpp bstumpp at comcast.net
Fri May 11 19:16:41 PDT 2007

Mike,

I have the same engine and just went through the same dance.  The
experienced advice to me was to have the pump rebuilt rather than buy a new
one.  The guesstimates I was given were $150 to have it rebuilt versus $450
for a new one.  It was picked up late Monday and was ready to go this
afternoon. Cost was $156 including a new cover plate, o-ring and impeller.
Unless you have a crack or some other issue, a rebuild should do it.   Check
around for a Yanmar expert near you.

No trick to removing the hoses, just back off the clamps and twist off the
hoses.  Caution - do not over tighten the bracket bolts or impeller screws
when you reinstall.    You also may need to prime the pump when you first
start the engine after installation.

Bruce Stumpp
#647, Adventure
Frog Mortar Creek, MD