[C320-list] Whisker Pole Mast Ring

Vpweikel at aol.com Vpweikel at aol.com
Sun May 13 13:28:33 PDT 2007

Brian,

You might consider putting a track on the front of the mast to be able to
adjust the inboard height of the pole.
This also keeps the pole off the stanchions where jib sheets  will hang-up on
when you don't expect it or want it to happen.

Allan Field gave me a lot of pointers on the installation, so you might
check with him.

I bought everything at WM - pole, track, slide car for the track, and cabin
top mount for one end of the pole.  The other end of the pole can stay
attached to the car.  If you go this route - make sure your track matches  the car
exactly.  That was the one mistake I made - ended up attaching the  track twice
after not having the right track.  I do not have a record of  the actual part
numbers.  also, make sure your pole extends enough for the  size jib you are
running with.

Track attaches to the mast with 3/4 inch long by 1/4 inch diameter threaded
bolts, so you have to tap the mast after pre-drilling the hole.  Make sure
you goop up the bolts with a teflon base material so there is no dissimilar
metal corrosion.

Allan Field - Did I miss anything here ?

Paul Weikel
Second Chance #361
Sailing Associates Marina
Georgetown , MD