[C320-list] Battery Selector Switch

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Mon May 21 05:52:31 PDT 2007

Paul,

A. Your batteries are suspect due to age and the fact that they won't start
the engine after a night's use. Ours will start the engine overnight
easily with the reefer left on, the anchor light on, a couple of fans
running and lights on and off a couple of times during the night.

B. The two batteries down could be caused by several issues.
    1. a short in the charging circuit.
    2. a dead cell in # one battery drawing both down during the day, next
morning nothing works.
    3. one or two weak batteries and a malfunctioning selector switch.
    4. one or two weak batteries miswired.

I'm suer the EE's on the list can come up with some more potential causes.
Looks like you need to load test the batteries and check out your circuitry
with a multi-meter.

--
Chris Burti
Farmville, NC