[C320-list] Battery Selector Switch

Jeffrey Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Sun May 20 19:45:01 PDT 2007

Hi Paul,

   A battery that's at the end of its life will charge but have no capacity.
Ie: it'll run the radio, some instruments, and other light capacitive loads
but will just completely refuse to budge a high current device like a
starter or windlass.

5 years old could easily be time to replace.  You'll get a couple more years
of life out of the house batteries with a dedicated starting battery since
they won't see that damaging high-current spike that the starter draws.

Cheers!
-Jeff