[C320-list] no fuel to motor update....

Pat Moriarty patm at psiurethanes.com
Wed May 23 05:19:07 PDT 2007

Ok forget Orlando you can't light diesel  with a match until it gets
to ignition temp which is high. Try it some day with a small can of
diesel. Do not use a vacuum, the atomized fuel going across the motor
brushes might blow the thing up or at least make it stink until you
throw it away. Now take a rag and a small piece of fuel hose and
stick the hose in the fill hole and stuff the rag around it to seal
it off. Then seal the vent with another rag or a piece of tape. Now
just blow into the hose and pressurize the tank to prime the filter.
If you remembered to open the vent on the Racor this should work in a
few minutes. You might want to put a Ziplok bag around the filter to
catch the fuel. Now about running the engine on the hard to winterize
it. How to you keep the inlet water pump from burning up with no
water????Might check you pump now.

Pat

At 06:41 PM 5/22/2007, you wrote:
>Ok, blew out the line and heard plenty of gurgling from the fuel
>tank so it's clear. But...still no fuel. New theory, please advise.
>The boat is on the hard and I'm thinking that the angle (stern lower
>than bow so water drains) is just enough to prevent gravity from
>doing it's job. So tomorrow I will head up again with a vaccum pump
>and see if I can get the fuel flowing. The interesting thing is that
>I did run the engine while on the hard to winterize but I suspect it
>already had been primed and was ok.
>
>   Anybody have any other theorys?

>Get the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.

Pat Moriarty
PSI Urethanes Inc
PH: 800-888-5156  Fax: 512-837-8733
Please visit our web site at