[C320-list] Frig gaskets

harold brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 12:01:59 PDT 2007

Plain rubbing alcohol disolved the adhesive after soaking for a little while. No problem with the plastic. Used a credit card edge to get the softened stuff up. This is my third time with the rear peice on the hinged lid so I'm getting good at it. Jim Brown

Pat Moriarty <patm at psiurethanes.com> wrote:  I did this about a year ago and the acetone and lacquer thinner are
not too friendly to the plastic. You will do most of it with a putty
knife. You just need a smooth and level surface to bond to and it
will stick to the glue or the plastic. The white gasket sure made a
more pleasing appearance when you look it the frig.

Pat

At 08:06 AM 5/30/2007, you wrote:
>Dave,
>Thanks. I was looking for an alternative solution, but none seems
>to be forthcoming. I will probably order white gaskets from
>Catalina. I measured the frig + dry storage and it appears that
>I'll need 16.6' of the stuff to do the job, I'll order 17' to be
>safe. I will try your contact cement idea though. The original
>installation was very sloppy and the excesive adhesive has grabbed
>all the yuck. My wife has been bugging me, so I guess i'll tackle the job.
>Thanks,
>Sincerely,
>Herb Creech
>Cloud Chaser #606

>From: Dave Anderer
> > The gasket on my 99 had pulled loose on the frig. I removed the
> > exposed (and ugly) adhesive with lacquer thinner or acetone or the
> > like. Reattached the gasket using contact cement. It has held up
> > for a year so far w/o problem.
> >

> > On May 28, 2007, at 3:45 PM, hcreech at comcast.net wrote:
> >
> > > i really would like to replace the ugly gaskets in frig and dry
> > > storage on my 99' 320. They are black and the adhesive on the base
> > > they are secured to is disgusting looking. I can't be the only one
> > > that has encountered this problem. Does anyone know a solution.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Herb Creech
> > > Cloud Chaser #606

Pat Moriarty