[C320-list] OIL CHANGE

Barry Fahrer bfahrer at lisurveyor.com
Wed Nov 7 10:38:24 PST 2007

Well it's that time of the year and I just did the oil change and fuel
filter change on my 1994 Perkins.  This year I tried using a zip lock
freezer bag on the oil filter but either I did not understand the way it was
done by others or they were doing it on a different engine.  I still managed
to spill lots of oil into the bilge.
Next time I am thinking of drilling a hole into the top of the filter and
using my oil pump to suck up the oil in the filter first.  I will then plug
the hole with a screw and try the freezer bag again.
The bag worked very nicely on the primary and secondary fuel filters.  I
then used the oil pump to remove the fuel from the bag and all went nicely.
TRANSIT C-320 # 126
GLEN COVE, NY