[C320-list] OIL CHANGE

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 10:18:21 PST 2007

Say what you may about the Perkins engines, the oil pan has no drain plug.  Instead there is an oil drain pipe that comes from the pan and is located just fwd of the oil filter.  I suck the oil out through this with a barb fitting and a vacuum pump from WM.  I get nearly all the oil out this way.Easy as pie.

I tried the through the dip stick tube and was never happy with that.  I don't think I got all of the oil this way.

Still, the horizontal oil filter is a major complaint.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay