[C320-list] OIL CHANGE

Bruce Stumpp bstumpp at comcast.net
Thu Nov 8 17:22:28 PST 2007

Warren,

Funny and I agree with you 100%!  The guy who designed putting the oil
filter on its side (Yanmar engines too!) is probably the same guy who
designed the water pump that requires removing hoses, etc so you can access
the impeller AND removing the oil through the dipstick hole.  I didn't think
about punching a hole in the filter when I changed the oil and just spun it
off in a bag - another mess.  From the comments here, apparently you can
punch a hole in the top and pump out the oil before removing the
filter...added to my notes for next year.  BTW, a remote filter adapter
would be a great idea.

Bruce Stumpp
#647, Adventure
Frog Mortar Creek, MD