[C320-list] OIL CHANGE

David J Gleason djgleason1 at juno.com
Thu Nov 8 18:13:34 PST 2007

Tony:

I also use the 1/4" barb that screws into the oil pan outlet.  One the
additional things I did, as I lost the barb after removing it, was to add
a brass shutoff to the bard, so I can now close the outlet and not have
to remove the barb when I am through.  After adding the shut off, I
realized I could have taken a short piece of the plastic hose and put a
plug into the end of it and place it over the bard fitting.  I used 1/4"
clear plastic hose purchased at Home Depot.  Simplifies the oil removal.
The idea of punching/drilling a hole in the filter is something I will
try next fall at time of haul out.  I think I can twist the filter 1/2
turn before it starts leaking at the gasket.   This idea will sure be a
time saver.  Cleaning the drip pan is a pain in the a_s!

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150