[C320-list] whisker Pole vs Spinnaker Pole and diameter sizes

Amirault Family amiraults at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 29 20:22:02 PST 2007

I got a forespar whisker pole this season past. This has proved
sufficient for the light air conditions when we want to pole out the 150
head sail while racing JAM. The memory is feeble, but I think it was
17', 3 section extension with a 2.5" diameter.

Rather than  a fixed fitting  on the mast, I opted for a  Ronstan spin
pole slide fitting which sits on an appropriately sized track for which
I tapped holes into the mast for screws. This arrangement allows
adjustment of the ring to meet varying positions of the cringle
resulting from different degrees of furl or smaller headsails with a
higher foot not yet bought, and allows me to drop the ring below the
bottom of the mainsail cover which fits too snugly to cover the ring as
well.

Regards;

Brian Amirault
797 Waltzing Bear, too