[C320-list] Early Christmas Present

John Frost john at frostnet.net
Sat Oct 13 07:50:23 PDT 2007

I have been lurking on this list for about a year trying to decide whether I
could afford to join your ranks. Well, last week at the Annapolis Boat Show
I pulled the trigger and signed on for a new C320. I can't wait!

I now have a bunch of decisions to make about how to have the dealer outfit
it before we splash. My first question is which folding/feathering prop to
go with. I followed the recent thread with interest but didn't keep the
results. I see the Kiwi prop is definitely favored down under, but am not
sure in this part of the world. Is there an archive that I can check?

We have a 150 jib, furling main, wind package, AC, wing keel and autopilot.
Will add a VHF and possibly tv antenna, will get epoxy and antifoul.
What other things do you think should be done before raising the mast and
putting in the water for a couple of years? I like puttering with the small
stuff but am not much of a fan of my Bosun's chair.

Best Regards,
John Frost
Name To Be Chosen
Lake Guntersville, AL