[C320-list] Halyard/Furling Lines

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Tue Oct 23 14:22:45 PDT 2007

Paul,

I spoke to the rope manufacturers at Annapolis. Samson recommends XLS Extra-T. New England recommends Sta-Set X or VPC. I used Sta-Set X on my last boat. It is very stiff and hard to splice, and it stretches more than VPC. Either the XLS or the VPC would be good choices in a low-stretch blended core double braid that is a step up from our stretchy OEM lines, especially at West's sale prices. West's web site is a little screwed up. It doesn't show VPC unless you search for it.

When I replaced my halyards I bought 120', but 115' is probably enough.

JeffC