[C320-list] Early Christmas Present

Chris Holt oldman1030 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 09:37:53 PDT 2007

I wanted to bring this up since I've seen a couple people now say that
folding props don't back up as well as feathering props.  I put on a Gori 3
blade folding prop last summer and used it for its first season this year.
I have my boat on the Merrimack River in Newburyport, MA.  Prior to this
year I had a 3 blade fixed prop.  It was impossible prior to this year to
back up to my slip when the river was flooding.  The 320 would just spin in
a circle when put into reverse against the current with the fixed prop.
This year I was able to back up to my dock at full flood with no prop walk
and no problem at all.
The difference is greater than night and day.  I'm not sure if the Gori prop
is different from other folders but I'm pretty sure I have this much control
because the Gori, when put into reverse, pitches for reverse (the blades
flip).  In any case, I just wanted to add that if you want a folding prop
AND you want great reverse control then Gori works great.

Chris