[C320-list] Darn Birds

MICHAEL COLE miodio at bigpond.com
Sat Sep 15 18:13:06 PDT 2007

Here in Sydney I've been using a plastic owl  hoisted on the spinnaker topping lift to about face high  with a line to the starboard rear side of the pulpit.It cost $A48 and after cutting off the moulded in perch it has worked fine.  It swings 2-3 feet in either crosswise direction -----just make sure if you leave the spinnaker pole on the mast  that it is high enough to clear it  . One of my more cynical crew members said it would keep off all the plastic birds---but it works very well on all the real ones too.
              Mike Cole    #  421  Mio Dio