[C320-list] Darn Birds

argates2nd at comcast.net argates2nd at comcast.net
Sat Sep 15 20:10:02 PDT 2007

Michael,
Do you have Courmorands or other nasties that sit atop your mast in Sydney?
Will the swinging owl discourage mast sitters as well?
Rollie  #182
----------
From:
"MICHAEL COLE" <miodio at bigpond.com>
To:
"C320" <C320-List at catalina320.com>
Subject:
[C320-list] Darn Birds
Date:
Saturday, September 15, 2007 9:13:25
Here in Sydney I've been using a plastic owl  hoisted on the spinnaker topping
lift to about face high  with a line to the starboard rear side of the pulpit.It
cost $A48 and after cutting off the moulded in perch it has worked fine.  It
swings 2-3 feet in either crosswise direction -----just make sure if you leave
the spinnaker pole on the mast  that it is high enough to clear it  . One of my
more cynical crew members said it would keep off all the plastic birds---but it
works very well on all the real ones too.
              Mike Cole    #  421  Mio Dio