[C320-list] Howz Knapp's Narrows

hcreech at comcast.net hcreech at comcast.net
Fri Sep 7 01:39:04 PDT 2007

Made the same trip last year, ten days, wonderful.  Have been through Knapps many times, no issues with depth, a little shallow as you enter from the Chesapeke side, but then about 8'.  Actually seems easier than Kent Narrows because you don't have to time the opening - opens on request.  Nothing between Herring and Solomons that we could find, we actually stayed in the Rhode River (very nice) then Herring Bay before heading to Solomons.  Found Solomons boring and will not return again.  On return trip stopped in Oxford, one of favorite destinations and used Knapps Narrows on our return north.
Funny story, before we arrived at Herring Bay  the wind was on our nose at 25 knots.  My wife complained so much that I told her, "when we leave the next day you determine whether we turn left or right when we leave Herring Bay," left was home, right was Solomons.  She wisely chose right.  This happens the beginning of every season on our first trip.
You mention Worton which we love and go there several times per year, alternating with Still Pond which I find to be a great anchorage.

Sincerely,
Herb Creech
Cloud Chaser #606

From: "Lamar Desmond" <ldesmond at comcast.net>