[C320-list] Howz Knapp's Narrows

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Fri Sep 7 02:49:07 PDT 2007

Lamar - Knapps Narrows was dredged this spring on both sides - you can get
through with a 10-foot draft and not worry a bit.  Just remember that the
Bridge only opens on a signal - one long, one short.

After Herrington Harbour South, there is no real shelter from there to
Solomon's.  There is a small private Marina around Calvert Cliffs that only
holds about 30 boats or so but not enough to get off the Bay in - or so I am
told.  I believe that the name is Flag Harbor.

Solomons and St. Leonard's Creek up river are two of our most favorite
places to go despite the long day from Herrington to Solomons.  Heading
south, after rounding Cove Point, you can stay very close to shore all the
way into the Patuxent - if you are outside the crab pots, you are in very
deep water so don't feel the necessity to stay offshore unless the western
shore is a lee shore and you see a storm brewing.

Enjoy!  If you are in Herrington Harbour South on a weekend, give us a
shout.  We are on O-dock along with 3 other C320's and another close by on
P-dock.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - C320
Herrington Harbour South